

The seventeenth-century palazzo houses within its confines the elegant church, built between 1656 and 1671, based on a design by Francesco Antonio Picchiatti and dedicated to Our Lady of Mercy.
The hall has a classic octagonal layout with a slender dome. The harmony of the architecture is embellished with the refined decorative elements of the Baroque style, such as the terracotta floor with its polychrome marble inlays, the frontals, the stoups, and the gilded wooden grates of the choirs.
The architecture is fundamental to the story of the charitable works of the Pio Monte della Misericordia as the seventeenth-century paintings that decorate the seven altars by Battistello, Giordano, Santafede, Azzolino and Forlì, refer to the charitable activities that the organization has carried out for over four hundred years and which still continue today in various social sectors.
On the main altar, Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio’s masterpiece, with its expressive force, synthesizes all the works of corporal mercy in a large canvas.














